Community Change Agency (SOSUCCA) was founded in 2009 by committed and dedicated youth volunteers with the aim of involving youth in
overcoming challenges to their home communities, such as HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based
violence (SGBV), unemployment, conflict and poverty, South Sudan Community Change Agency
(SOSUCCAA) is one of the moving forward indigenous, development organizations in South Sudan.
SOSUCCA thematic areas include Health with emphasis on HIV/AIDS, water and sanitation as well
as hygiene practices and malaria control and prevention.
This is an integrated approach.
Capacity building, women empowerment and protection, peace building and conflict mitigation,
Civic Education, child protection, food security and livelihood development.
SOSUCCA operates in four of the ten states of South Sudan, namely Central Equatoria,
Jonglei, Western Bahr el Ghazal, Lakes, and Western Equatoria States. SOSUCCA is working in
partnership with local and international organizations, and UN agencies. SOSUCCA utilizes
Community-Centered approach to foster effective local ownership and long term sustainability
of the programmes and development
Our Vision Statement
SOSUCCA envisage transformed, equitable and self- resilience South Sudanese communities
Our Mission Statement
Exists to build capacities and empower communities through providing health HIV/AIDS Services, peace building, civic educations,
protections and livelihoods for sustainable development.
- To promote peaceful co-existence among the communities of South Sudan.
- To strengthen the communities’ access to justice and democracy.
- To improve the quality of lives of people Living with HIV/AIDS and communities through awareness
and prevention interventions
- To improve prevention and response services to GBV survivors and children.
- To promote self-reliance among the South Sudanese Communities by increasing communities’
knowledge on agriculture and livelihood for sustainable development.
Our Core Values
SOSUCCA objectives are built on the following core values
- Diversity and Inclusivity
- SOSUCCA thrives in being a non-political and non-profit-making organization that shall
collaborate with the government in the national recovery and development effort.
- SOSUCCA hinges on the need to develop marginalized communities through passing
the knowledge of how to utilize the available resources and opportunities within their
reach which in turn leads to their development in all spheres of life.
- Bearing in mind the situation in South Sudan where rural communities lack basic
services, SOSUCCA believes in undertaking community mobilization by working closely with the
community and its leaders so as to understand the dynamics and structures within the community
which in turn enables SOSUCCA to realistically build on the capacities and strengths of the
community to find solutions to identified problems.